Spending some quality time in the sun feels wonderful, but too much can take a toll on your skin. Photoaging caused by the sun isn’t like normal aging; it causes coarse and dry skin, freckles and discoloration, irregular texture, and deep-set wrinkles. Once the signs of sun damage have set into the skin, treating them with at-home remedies alone can be difficult. Fortunately, there are some highly effective, non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatments that can reverse signs of sun damage and significantly improve discoloration.
At M Spa Face & Body, we offer a full menu of incredibly effective skincare services to not only help revitalize and renew the appearance of your complexion but also treatments that match your busy schedule and lifestyle. This blog will discuss each sign of sun damage and treatments to help you reverse them.
Best Treatments For Reversing Sun Damage
The sun, the ocean, and the lakes are always there for a good time, but they can leave your skin feeling parched with irritating rough patches. While moisturizing your skin at home with a high-quality skin care product, sometimes that just isn’t enough. For dry skin issues, we offer our luxurious Diamond Glow facial that uses innovative technology in a 3-in-1 process. It begins with gentle exfoliation, moves to the extraction of pore-clogging bacteria and debris, and finishes with a customized serum cocktail infusion. After your Diamond Glow facial, your skin will feel bright and refreshed.
UV rays are the leading causes of the speed at which collagen and elastin break down in our skin. Collagen and elastin are essential proteins that keep our skin firm, smooth, and supple. To help battle wrinkles, we offer several treatments:
- Botox & Dysport– These neuromodulators can target deep-set wrinkles caused by the advanced breakdown of collagen and elastin. Botox, or its close companion Dysport, is carefully and precisely injected into muscle groups that cause harsh expression lines and temporarily disrupt the connection between nerve and muscle. This disruption prevents the muscle from moving and creasing, providing smooth, crease-free skin for several months.
- Juvederm– Juvederm is a popular type of dermal filler. With its silky smooth texture and advanced formation composed of hyaluronic acid, this dermal filler can fill in the deep facial crease, enhance facial volume, and look naturally stunning.
Sun and Age Spots
Sun and age spots show up on the skin when your skin creates an abundance of a chemical called melanin to protect itself against UV rays. Unfortunately, too much melanin in the skin causes clumps to form in the shape of flat brown or black spots. To fight this damage, we offer the following:
- Chemical Peels– At M Spa Face & Body, we offer WiQo BioRevitalization, an advanced version of the TCA chemical peel. It combines a special serum and a patented application technique that goes deep down into the sub-dermal layers of your skin, breaking apart melanin clumps and restoring your skin’s natural radiance.
- Microneedling– Secret RF Microneedling combines micro-needling with radio frequency (RF) energy to reach beyond the superficial layer of the skin. Microneedling causes surface injuries to help stimulate your body’s natural healing response. At the same time, the radio frequency energy distributes heat energy deeper into your skin’s layers breaking apart melanin and boosting the production of collagen for rejuvenated refreshed skin.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing- Laser skin resurfacing treatments with Laser Genesis by Cutera offers improvements in the appearance of wrinkles and skin discoloration. The laser technology works by heating the skin’s internal layers and triggering collagen production. The light from the laser is also attracted to the melanin in your skin, causing it to break apart and naturally be absorbed by the body while healthy new cells take their place.
Schedule Your Webster Skin Rejuvenation Treatment At M Spa Face & Body
There’s no reason to regret creating wonderful memories out in the sun with your family and friends— even if you notice signs of damage in your skin. Schedule a treatment to help set your skin back on track by calling our office at (281) 886-7006 or completing our online form. Dr. Deborah Miller and PA Shauna McLaughlin will thoroughly examine your skin and help you decide on the best treatment plan to correct signs of sun damage and aging. We look forward to helping you on your skin journey soon.