Does it seem like every time you look in the mirror, you’re looking less and less like the person you once knew? Your face shape is wrong. Your jawline is missing. Your eyes are obscured by loose skin resting over your eyelids. Well, you’re not alone. Facial skin sagging is a natural part of aging, and in large part due to the breakdown of elastin which is the key component to our youthful, firm skin. While many people turn to facelifts as an anti-aging option, there’s another less invasive but highly effective solution to skin sagging called PDO Thread lifts.
Thread lifting is an innovative concept in the field of cosmetic surgery and only continues to increase in demand. The reason for the rise in its popularity is that PDO threads are less invasive than surgery. You can achieve a natural lift to your skin which results in a sharper jawline and defined cheekbones and even alleviates sagging skin over the eyes.
Find out more about this breakthrough cosmetic procedure, which is quickly becoming a top choice for patients who want facial rejuvenation but who aren’t ready to commit to surgery. Read on and explore this comprehensive guide to PDO Threadlifts at M Spa Face & Body in Houston, TX.
What Are PDO Thread Lifts?
PDO stands for polydioxanone, a highly pliable type of synthetic material that surgeons have used for years in procedures like heart surgery because they naturally dissolve over time. PDO threads are known for their durability, safety, and effectiveness, which is why they’ve now been adopted into the world of cosmetic surgery. They help to achieve tighter skin and contoured facial features while removing facial lines and wrinkles.
Nova Thread lifts at M Spa Face & Body is performed under local anesthesia and involves strategically placing these threads through a small incision in the skin and the underlying muscle in a natural, unnoticeable way. Its main objective is to lift the skin while also stimulating elastin and collagen production. Also, PDO threads can activate fibroblasts that produce elastin with natural hyaluronic acid to help improve the integrity of your skin while also lifting it into a more youthful position.
The Benefits of PDO Thread Lifts
There’s an abundance of benefits to undergoing a Houston PDO thread lift, such as reducing the appearance of wrinkles, improving skin laxity, and adding volume to drooping cheeks and jowls. Compared to other skin rejuvenating treatments, PDO thread lift treatments are able to give you long-lasting results and a rejuvenated appearance without the lengthy downtime that comes with more invasive surgeries.
Here’s a closer look at the incredible benefits associated with PDO Thread lifts:
- Induced Collagen Production– After the PDO threads are inserted into your skin, your body begins to produce collagen in these areas as part of the natural healing process. Collagen is an essential protein and building agent that supports the skin, as well as your bones, hair, ligaments, tendons, and muscles. It helps the skin look and feel plump and vibrant and can aid in warding off signs of aging, such as wrinkles and skin sagging.
- Improves Texture- As more collagen is produced in your skin, you’ll begin to see a noticeable difference in the feel and texture of your complexion. Collagen increases your skin’s density and boosts hydration to smooth away fine lines and wrinkles, reduce dryness, and erase rough textures.
- Reduces Skin Laxity- Thread lifting works as a skin-lifting treatment, but it also restores plumpness and makes your skin look fuller by improving the production of collagen and elastin.
- Smoothes Wrinkles– Fine lines and wrinkles are amongst the most common signs of aging that people want to address through anti-aging treatments. Thread lifting plumps and tightens the skin, thus creating a noticeable difference in wrinkles and fine lines.
- Safe, Durable Material– PDO threads a made from a safe, medical-grade material that can be broken down naturally by the body. Polydioxanone is a biodegradable material that is used in heart surgeries and tissue engineering. Your body will absorb the PDO threads after about six months following your treatment.
How Do PDO Threads Work?
PDO thread lifts work by physically lifting and tightening your skin. Similar to how a facelift works, these threads tighten your skin to reduce the effects of skin laxity and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
When the PDO threads are inserted into your skin with a hollow cannula and then pulled through the skin, where it catches on loose tissue and anchors the skin into a higher, youthful position. Your body then responds to the threads by increasing collagen production, which also helps tighten and smooth the skin.
PDO Thread Lift Procedure: What to Expect
During your Thread lifts procedure, we will first numb the targeted areas using a localized anesthetic to ensure your comfort throughout the entire treatment. Once you’re comfortable, the threads are inserted into the skin through small incisions and with a cannula. These cannulas pass through several layers of your skin and stabilize the threads so your skin can be properly tightened depending on your unique needs and goals. After the threads are anchored, the excess threads are cut off.
Typically, a PDO thread lift requires no more than 15 or 30 minutes, although there is no telling how long you should expect your treatment to take as everyone is different. Once your session is complete, you are free to return to your normal schedule without any serious restrictions. Unlike other invasive procedures, there is no significant downtime, and you don’t need to plan ahead for a recovery period.
Who Is a Good Candidate for A PDO Thread Lift?
A Nova Thread lifts in Houston, TX, can be beneficial to men or women seeking to avoid surgical procedures but still wish to delay the signs of facial aging. In general, the procedure is safe for anyone who wants to enhance skin tightness and reduce texture. It is particularly effective for those with mild to moderate jowls on the lower third region of the face and those who want to improve fine lines, especially around the cheeks, forehead, and mouth.
Patients must be in good mental and physical health as well as have reasonable expectations surrounding the result of their treatment. This procedure is best suited for people who want to enhance their appearance and fight the effects of aging with a non-surgical approach.
Risk and Complications of PDO Thread Lifts
Thread lifts are a low-risk procedure thanks to how non-invasive they are. There is virtually no risk of scarring, bruising, bleeding, or other complications. In rare cases, some patients experience irritation and infections, or their sutures become visible underneath the skin. If this occurs, the sutures will simply need to be removed, and the patient’s face will return to its prior state.
It is important that patients take a few minor precautions while healing. We tell our patients to avoid rubbing their face vigorously while cleaning or applying moisturizer for at least a week after having their treatment. We also recommend that patients prop their heads up slightly so that they don’t accidentally roll over directly onto their faces while sleeping.
Thread lifts are definitely one of our low-risk, high-reward facial rejuvenation treatments that are safe and effective for all skin types and tones.
PDO Thread Lift Aftercare: What to Do (and Not Do)
Nova Thread Lift Post-Treatment Instructions:
- Do know that it’s common to feel some soreness or tugging after the thread insertion. These discomforts should diminish after a week or two.
- Do apply a cool compress in no longer than 30-minute increments over the first 24 hours to alleviate the swelling.
- Do sleep on your back for the first 3-5 days to prevent movements of threads.
- Do take any prescriptions or anti-viral medications prescribed to you after your treatment.
- Do manage any pain or discomfort by taking Tylenol as recommended by your provider.
- Do keep the insertion points clean and dry until healed.
- Do ask a question or consult with your injector if you begin to notice any swelling, tenderness, warmth, or redness at the treated areas or if you’re experiencing any discharge from the entry points.
- Do not touch the entry points for 48 hours after your treatment. If applying cold compresses, avoid contact with the entry points.
- Do not massage the treated area or receive deep facial massages for the next two months.
- Do not pick at scabs that form at the entry points. If you experience itching, do not apply any topical creams unless approved by your provider.
- Do not engage in any strenuous activities for the first four weeks after your treatment. Walking is permitted.
- Do not take a shower or wash your hair for the first 24 hours. Avoid washing your face with hot water for one week.
- Do not apply any makeup or skincare products for the first 24 hours.
- Do not make any exaggerated facial expressions for 2 to 3 weeks, including aggressive chewing, wide yawning, or smiling too large.
PDO Thread Lifts Results: How Long Do They Last
One of the great things about PDO thread lifts is that they offer immediate lifting and support for the skin while also triggering long-term renewal through added collagen and elastin production. That means you’ll notice some initial firming right away, with results fully developing within six months. Results will vary from person to person, but most patients enjoy their results for as long as 18 months. You’ll be able to schedule additional treatments to help extend your new look and increase skin improvement.
PDO Thread Lift Cost: How Much Does It Cost?
A Houston PDO Thread Lift can cost anywhere from $700 to $4,500. The actual cost of the procedure is dependent upon the location, your board-certified plastic surgeon, and the length and involvement of the treatment, depending on your unique needs and expectation. During your consultation at M Spa Face & Body, we will break down the entire procedure for you so that we can get you the most precise estimate. We can also work with you and your budget so that you can still rejuvenate your features without breaking the bank.
Finding A Qualified PDO Thread Lift Provider
A PDO thread lift procedure involves many choices, the first of which is selecting the most experienced and knowledgeable board-certified plastic surgeon. By choosing someone who has undergone the proper training for PDO thread lifts, you can rest assured that you are receiving quality care from someone who is knowledgeable, experienced, and trained in conducting your PDO thread lift in a safe and effective manner.
At M Spa Face & Body, you’ll be partnered with Shauna McLaughlin, PA-C, or Deborah Miller, M.D., two medical professionals that have been practicing medicine together since 2002. As experienced and licensed providers, they utilize their artists and skill to create balanced, natural, and long-lasting results for their patients using thread lifts. Where other practices use nurses to perform procedures, you can rest assured that your rejuvenation treatment is coming from expert hands.
Explore the Power of PDO Thread Lifts in Houston, TX
Loose, sagging skin is one of the most difficult age-related changes that can occur to the skin because there’s no effective way to treat it at home. Unlike wrinkles or fine lines, which can be helped with products, sagging skin needs more internal work than topical treatments can provide. With PDO Thread lift, we can tighten and lift your skin back into a naturally youthful position while encouraging your body to produce more collagen.
To learn more about Houston PDO Thread lift, contact M Spa Face & Body for your one-on-one consultation!